Each of you thinks of 6 topics which you are an expert on.
Number 1 is the topic which you know more about and number 6 the topic which you know least about.
In pairs, you will have to speak for the amount of time set below on each of the topics you have chosen.
This is not a conversation!! To stop somebody say: “Thank you very much”.
6- _________________________ 15 seconds = 15 points
5- _________________________ 30 seconds = 30 points
4- _________________________ 45 seconds = 45 points
3- _________________________ 60 seconds = 60 points
2- _________________________ 75 seconds = 75 points
1- _________________________ 90 seconds = 90 points
Your score: ______ points
You can exchange partners now and see how your fluency improves.
- Coming up with the list of topics
- Improvisation (not much time to prepare)
- Developing strategies (using words you know to explain words you don’t know)
- Speaking alone (body language feedback of person listening)
- Time limit pressure: gradual progression for extended speaking practice