Blogging is fun and a wonderful learning and sharing activity.
Blogs are in a public space – be proud of anything you write or post!
Here are some blogging rules and guidelines we should all follow:
- Be responsible when posting on the internet
- Do not post information or pictures of others without their permission.
- Do not write about any personal information– eg your phone numbers or tell anyone where you live. Be careful of any information you reveal.
- Write full words and sentences – not mobile phone talk
- Posts written by students are published automatically.
- All comments submitted are published automatically because we trust our readers responsibility and politeness.
- However, if you do you find something unpleasant, distressing or just feel uncomfortable, tell your teacher, and the comment will be immediately deleted.
Click the following link to read a wonderful post about How to Compose a Quality Comment written by the great edublogger Mrs Yollis (there’s some advice for advance bloggers as well).
Here is a short and simple commenting guide:
- Acknowledge the author of the blog post.
- Let the author know if you agree with him/her and why.
- It is also ok to disagree with something, just let the author know why you feel that way.
- One word comments are not very useful. Writing just “cool” or “nice” are not very helpful and it doesn't let the author of the blog post really know what you are thinking.
- Think if it is appropriate BEFORE you hit the submit button.
- Always be polite.