Friday 19 October 2012

Gotye, "Somebody I used to know"



If you want to read the lyrics of the song, click on Isabel Perez's ESL site to enjoy the lyrics and some vocabulary exercises.

Many thanks to Isabel Pérez for these exercises: (you can find more exercises on the link above)

Match the halves; fill the gaps with one of the following prepositions, and then translate the meaning of this verse.

Prepositions: for, like, of, in, on, at, about.


1) Now and then I think     
2) ____ when you said

3) Told myself that
4) But felt so lonely
5) But that was love and
a) you felt so happy you could die
b) ______ your company

c) it's an ache I still remember
d) when we were together
e) you were right ______ me


Listen to this part and make a list with all the verbs you find and the verb tenses (e.g. think- present simple)


Now and then I think of all the times you screwed me over
But had me believing it was always something that I'd done
But I don't wanna live that way, reading into every word you say
You said that you could let it go
And I wouldn't catch you hung up on somebody that you used to know

*Screw somebody over- hacer daño
*Wanna- wantto

Notice the pronunciation of the following words:
rough
though

No comments: