Wednesday 11 December 2019

My Gap-year

1. 

If you could travel to 11 countries in 44 days, which countries would you visit?
What would you do in each country? 

In groups, talk about what your epic trip would involve.

2. 

You are going to watch a short one-minute video called MOVE which shows clips of 11 countries visited by Andrew Lees in 44 days.

Try to name as many of the countries as possible. The clips are very fast,  you can speculate about which countries are shown using modals verbs of speculation. 

The countries are Portugal, Spain, France, Italy, Argentina, Peru, Chile, Brazil, USA, Thailand and Birmania.

3. 

Have you been to these of these countries?
Would you like to go to any of these countries?
What are they famous for?

 

MOVE from Rick Mereki on Vimeo.




 
EAT from Rick Mereki on Vimeo.


If money was not an issue, and you could take a year off, .....

  • Where would you go?
  • What would you learn?
  • What would you eat?

Keep dreaming and practice English!

_____________________________________________________

Some useful language you might need:

2nd Conditional:
If I had a gap year and enough money, I would go to.....


Modal Verbs:
I think I should really learn to .....
Once I'm in the States, I must meet........... and tell him/her how much I admire ....
I might also enjoy a good ride on an elephant. 


Different verbal tenses:
I have always wanted to learn......


Some rethorical questions:
What could be better than this?
Can you imagine what it would be like to meet.....?
Wouldn't we all want to speak English more fluently?


Some nice expressions:
It's a must! 
It's worth going! It's worth it! It's worth trying! 
I don't want to regret anything I haven't done when I'm older. 
An unforgetable experience. 




No comments: