Monday 13 January 2020

Where I lived

                                             WHERE I LIVED 

        Some few years ago I used to live in Ghana. It’s neither a rich nor a big country but it’s yet one of the most friendly places I’ve had the opportunity to live in.
Most people know that I’m from Ghana but actually I was born in Badalona a town in Barcelona which is a city in Spain.
       The etymology of the word Ghana means “warrior king” and was the tittle agreed with kings of the medieval Ghana Empire in West Africa. The current capital of Ghana is Accra but most people don’t know that the capital was moved from Cape Coast to Accra by the British in 1877. In those times Ghana was called Gold Coast due to it’s abundance in Gold.
         In Ghana there are 16 regions and the due to that there are lots of languages.
Originally my family is from Kumasi at the Ashanti Region which is the second capital of Ghana and Koforidua is located in the Eastern Region from my grandfather’s family.
         But when I was in Ghana my family and I used to spend most part of the year in Asamankese which is also located in the western part of Ghana.
        I’m my opinion, if you really want to enjoy a beautiful nature kind people, nice places like the Elmina Castle, Cape Coast, Akosombo Dam, and my favourite part place of the whole till date, Kankum National Park, where you would totally enjoy your visit, learn our culture and so many more things.

No comments: