Monday 2 November 2009

The women's race for the 14 eight-thousanders

Most of the articles in the Vilaweb newspaper are in Catalan but every week or two there is an article in English.

I've just seen that last week they published an article about 4 extraordinary women. They are trying to reach the 14 highest summits in the world. No woman has done that yet. One of them is Spanish: Edurne Pasaban. I remember reading an article about her in La Vanguardia Magazine some time ago.

I admire their willpower and stamina. I love trekking, but climbing an eight-thousand is another story!! I would love to experience such an adventure. I think it is also a journey of self-discovery, it is not only physically challenging, but also mentally challenging. Anyway, I don't think I'm fit enough.

Would you like to climb one of the 14 eight-thousanders?

The women's race for the 14 eight-thousanders

No comments: