Wednesday 3 December 2014


To: Alice
From: Yusra
Subject: Catalan food!


Hi Alice,
Thanks for your email. Sorry I didn't write straight back, I was busy preparing your welcome at our school. We're pretty excited about your arrival. Have you finished your research?


I'm writting to tell you abour our typical meals in Catalonia and our meal time.
We have 3 meals a day, and we start the day at 7 am. Usually, we take cereals for breakfast with a glass of juice or chocolate milk and a slice of bread with ''Mel i Mato'', a soft, unsalted goat chese served with honey and sometimes walnuts. It's typical in Catalonia, and I prefer the last dish. ;)
Time for a break! We eat breakfast at school at 11, we bring to us a homemade sandwich, or buy it at school. At 3 o'clock noon, it's time to eat at home, there are many Catalan dishes that I'm sure they will make you crazy!. Very healthy and mediterranean dishes, as ''Fideua'' that's like seafood paella, but served with shortnoodles, rather than rice. I'm imagining you lust to savour all these delicious dishes right now!.
 At 5 o'clock we take a snack, we don't take the famous ''Tea time'' as in London – One day I will take it – We often cook Panallets. Small rounds, sweet and made with almonds. Or Catalan cream. I'm learning to cook Panallets, because I love them.

Catalans, we rarely have ready-cooked food for dinner. We always eat a light dinner, as ''Pa amb tomàquet''. I think it's our national food (aside from ''Calçots''), it's too easy to do. Guess what! Even my relatives in Morocco do it too.
10pm, what better time for DINNER! I I'm just kidding of course. 10pm is a ridiculous time to eat. Probably you're suprised because it's so late. I'ts a bit hectic here.
Our diet is really famous all over the world, and you will have the opportunity to try many delicious dishes. And you will meet many handsome Catalans. ;) 
 
Well that’s all for now, take care of your little sister, hope she feels better soon. And good luck with your exams. We're waiting for you in Barcelona.
See you soon,

Yusra xxxxx

No comments: