Sunday 21 January 2018

An opinion essay


Often, while I was doing history or philosophy I was listening often the questions: "is it useful this?" or "this is a waste of time", Ialso was asking the same thing myself and after a time someone gave to me the answer and made me see that it was useful.
The person who was answered me seid to me that history is useful, firstly, not to forget the fact of the past, for example, the people who have died for defending the rights of the persons and thank to them we have advanced as a society. And secondly to try not to make the same mistakes of the past.
Also, he said to me that the philosophy is useful to think about our actions and about the things that have happened and happen in the present.
In my opinion, this person is in the correct and I agree with him. So instead of not paying attention in these classes I started learning from them.
To conclude with this theme, I don't belive that history and philosophy are a waste of time and money.

4 comments:

Melanie Magallanes said...

keyla is interesting that you have chosen this topic, personally I don't understand anything related to philosophy but I have understood your composition and I think you are right.

Gerardo said...

Good job!
thanks for sharing

Unknown said...

Hey Keyla! I just wanna say that I'm very happy for you because you're taking your life through the good way spending some time thinking about the weight of your actions and you're starting to build your own criterion!!

Nadia R said...

I also thought that philosophy and history were a waste of time, but I've realized that if they teach it to us it's because of something. Like you, now I'm much more attentive, and congratulations for realizing