Thursday 1 March 2018

A Foreigner in Britain

The first thing I want to say, is that I liked the book a lot, I found it very interesting, since I knew almost nothing about Great Britain. I have not been bored, and it has been easy to read, but I had to look for a few words in the dictionary. I have decided to write my work about things that I have learned with this book, because I think they are many.

I will explain everything that I have learned in chronological order, as it has been appearing in the story.

It sounds funny, but surely the bells of London are heard looser than the bells of Madrid, because Antonio did not hear them at the end of the year because of the cries of the people. Is is amazing how many people there must be so that the great  bells are not heard! Years ago I went to Madrid for the same date and there were many people in the Plaza del Sol, but the bells were heard.

I was also surprised that there is so much ethnic diversity, I did not know why and I searched the internet. I have learnt that it is because years ago England had colonies in other countries, and that is why there is so much diversity of races.

I was also shocked by the taxi driver who spoke with them in Cockney slang, I had never heard of it, I have investigated and it is very difficult to understand, stop saying many letters and there are sounds that do nort pronounce.

I have been very interested in love spoons, I had heard talking about them in a movie bus I was coriuos to know hoy long ago this tradition apparead. I researched and the oldest example is from the year 1667, but is believed that they are older. Is it believed that it was a soup spoon, and over the years it became larger and more decorated. It lost its original usefulness and became a prized decorate object to hang on a wall.

I have been very moved by the part of the Busby Babes. I asked my grandfather, since he I liked soccer a lot on he explained that it was a very sad news for that time. I was very impressed that he I remembered this events.

Finally, I have learned what a tartan is. before reading this book I thought that the traditional skirts were the same, that there was not a design for each family. It has caught my attention, that they continue to wear the kilts.

The United Kingdom is full or traditions that are preserved. Is is magnificent, this brings a lot of wealth to all these cities.

 I hope to continue reading in the future the new adventures in Ireland and learning more.











No comments: