Thursday 1 March 2018

Villagarcia

I'm going to talk about Villagarcia, a small town in the province of Badajoz, in the southwest of Spain. It has a population of about 950 people. In contrast, in the summer, up to 2000 people have registered in the town. My parents and I go every summer to visit the family.

It is not a big town, it has an area of abou 60km2. There aren't buildings, there are only large houses, usually one or two floors maximum. All of them are painted white, that's one of the things I like the most. They also have very large backyards and swimming pools.

The weather is quite extreme. The summers are very hot during the day, the temperatures reach up to 45º C, and at night the drop drastically to 15º C. The winters, on the other hand very cold during the whole day, where the temperatures stay at about 0-5º C and it snows a lot.

The town of Villagarcia is famous to be one of the main sources of cultivation of cereals and olives. In addition to having the largest number of sheep heads of all Spain, it also has one of the main susage distribution companies in Spain. Many tourists come to visit these large factories, along with the main castle that has a great influence in the summer months.

What I like the most about this place is the personality of the people who live in it, they are very good and wind. I would like to try to live a  this place for a while, since it is much quieter and is not as stressful as Barcelona. But on the other hand, I would prebably get bored, since there are a few people, and to relate to the other people I should leave the town.

Finally, I recommend you visit ir, you will not regreet it.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow Nadia, your composition is very nice! The descriptions are brilliant with a lot of details! I'm going to try to convince my parents to go to Villagarcia the next summer. Im pretty sure that it won't disappoint me!