Monday 18 November 2019

Present Tenses


     Read the following sentences.

·         What verbal tense is it?     Pr. S.    Pr. C.     Pr. P.
·         Match them with one of the uses of the present tenses.


Verbal tense
Uses
1.       It’s raining right now.


2.       I have lived in Barcelona for 10 years.


3.       I do yoga twice a week.


4.       Prices are going up.


5.       My brother has never worked abroad.


6.       Water boils at 100ºCelcius.


7.       She’s always late.


8.       How often do you have toasts for breakfast?


9.       What are you doing on Friday night?


10.   He often goes out with my brother.


11.   I’ve lost my keys.


12.   I’m painting my flat these days.


13.   I live in a small flat.


14.   How long have you worked there?


15.   I’m having dinner with some friends tomorrow night.


16.   I’ve just seen your sister in the street



*State verbs and verbs describing feelings are not normally used in the present continuous: be, like, want, know, need, have (possession)

Present perfect
Catalan
translation
Spanish
translation
?  YET
Have you finished yet?
ja
ya
-   YET
Not yet. I haven’t finished yet.
encara
todavia 
+  ALREADY
Yes, I have already finished.
ja
ya


No comments: